Sundays : teaching series
On11th August we heard the last talk in our series on the book of Galatians; what a journey it has been! Robert didn’t just go through the book verse-by-verse, but explored the major themes coming out of the book:
1. Sons of God – we are all sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:26) So you are no longer a slave but a son (4:7) Take hold/receive the full rights of sons (4:5) What are these full rights?
2. Inheritance – Our inheritance is to be a blessing (3:14) Our inheritance is connected with being Abraham’s seed (3:29)
3. Children of promise – Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise (4:28) 11 verses in this letter speak of promises. What does it mean to be a child of promise? What are our promises?
4. Faith – the words faith and belief appear 22 times in Galatians. Abraham is our example of walking by faith (3:6,9) We receive every blessing from heaven by faith (2:16; 3:2) What does 2:20 mean?
5. Freedom – We are children of the free woman (4:31) What are the implications of this truth for us today? See 2:4 and 5:1 This freedom is under attack. It needs to be guarded. So you are no longer a slave but a son (4:7). Jesus came to set us free (Luke 4:18-19) Free from sin, guilt and shame. Free from demonic oppression and sickness. Free to enjoy God’s favour.
Should you wish to listen to some or all of this series again it is available through the web site, in the “Audio” section. Just click on >Media, then >Audio